There are places for 72 students who are grouped in classes of 6 – 10 boys. Wherever possible each class caters for students in one school year. Pressure of numbers in large year groups may result in mixed ages in a class, however we try to avoid this whenever possible.
Students are admitted to Cornfield School when their Educational, Health and Care Plan (EHC) has been completed (or is very near to completion) and parents, the headteacher and the Education Officer agree that Cornfield is the right place. A meeting for parents, the student and the headteacher will be set up before a student starts at Cornfield. This will give parents an opportunity to tour the school and learn more about what we have to offer.
ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR CORNFIELD SCHOOL
It is accepted that these criteria are only likely to lead to a ‘best fit’ for placement in the school.
• The student’s Educational, Health and Care Plan (EHC) should denote ‘behaviour difficulty’ as the primary need.
• The student should be able to access the age appropriate mainstream curriculum that the school provides.
• The parents/carers of the student should support the philosophy of working in partnership with the school in promoting the education of the student.
• The school’s Governors agrees that the needs of the student can be met within the resources and expertise of the school.
• If the school has a vacancy in the relevant key stage.
Get in Touch
Please don’t hesitate to contact the School Secretary, if you would like more information or if you would like a free paper copy of any documents on our site.