Cornfield is a very successful 9-16 yrs boys SEMH school with particular strength in meeting the diverse needs of challenging students. We require an Assistant Head who is both an outstanding teacher and decisive strategic leader.
We are looking for:
• A person who has the motivation to ensure that students not only receive a high quality learning experience, but also achieve their full potential.
• A person who is resilient, determined and committed and who models excellent practice
• Previous experience of leadership and working with challenging students
• Experience and strength in assessment, tracking student progress and examination officer
• A person who is an excellent communicator who can develop effective relationships across our community
• A practitioner who has outstanding classroom practice in core or foundation subjects
• Someone who is passionate about improving life chances for SEMH students beyond school
• A person who is committed to collaborative working across our federation
This is a wonderful opportunity for an aspiring Leader and someone who wishes to further their career and make a developmental impact in our school.
We offer excellent CPD and an extensive induction program.
The school is committed to Safer Recruitment Procedures. Appointments to this post are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Informal visits to the school are very welcome, please contact SBM Vanessa Gilbertson 01903 731277 to arrange.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 26th March 2020
Interviews: 2nd April 2020
Click here for relevant documents: